Monday, September 25, 2006

Crazy Old Ladies

Well, after a tiring day of canvassing where I still don't seem to have actually gotten anywhere, I thought I would have to share the tale of the crazy old lady.
There I was, I knocked on her door and from behind the door came this inane babbling (I think she wanted to know who was there).
She answered the door and the first thing I said was that I was from the council. BIG MISTAKE!!!
She went on and on about taking me to court (cause of course I AM the council!!!) and I was just trying to find a polite way of running away. She kept talking about how her neighbours were rude to her and her pension isn't enough.
The whole experience got me thinking, what is it with crazy little old ladies. They look so small and helpless and sweet but they are the root of all evil. They lure you into a false sense of security then lunge wildly at you with verbal abuse (and on the odd occasion, a walking stick).
Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Little old ladies are not the root of all evil... squirrels are. Mind you it is often little old ladies that feed the squirrels so maybe there is a connection... Oh my God they are all in it together!! ARRRGGGHH!!!